Recipe: Chocolate Brownie Christmas Cookies
"It's the most wonderful time of the year." At least that's what Andy Williams sings, so why not enjoy it a little more with a Christmas twist on a brownie cookie from Mira, recipe maker at Cooking LSL. These cookies will melt in your mouth with peppermint and chocolate flavor. The prep time for this recipe is twenty minutes, and cook time is twenty minutes. There are 113 calories per serving.
- 1 Ibs Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Nestle Tollhouse Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup Nestle Toll House white Chocolate Morsels (melted)
- crushed candy canes
- Christmas sprinkles
1. In a bowl over boiling water, melt the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels with the butter for 7 to 8 minutes.
2. In the bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, beat eggs and sugar until pale and frothy. Add both types of extracts. Pour in melted chocolate slowly.
3. Fold in flour and baking powder.
5. Our the mixture in a shallow baking dish and freeze for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350 F or 175 C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper,
7. Either use a cookie spoon or 2 tbsp. to scoop out balls of dough and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies should be cracked on top and edges should be set.
8. Let them cool.
9. Decorate with melted white chocolate, crushed candy canes, and sprinkles.