• Allison McMillian

Carrie Underwood denies her fall was staged


Back in November 2017, Carrie Underwood, singer and songwriter, took a hard fall outside her home which left her with a broken wrist, cuts, and abrasions, according to the Tennessean. She received 40-50 stitches to the face from her fall, which caused her to have a scar that she still has.

Recently, there were rumors that the fall was staged so that she could have a reconstructive surgery on her face, according to CNN. In January 2018, Underwood posted that she “might look a bit different.” This is what caused the rumors to start. People started to question whether the incident was staged or a legitimate accident.

“It’s a little sad, because the truth is just as interesting I wish I’d gotten some awesome plastic surgery to make this look better,” Underwood said. “But I try not to worry too much about it.”

Underwood wished she could have surgery to get rid of her scar, but it is just going to have to heal on its own. All she can do is treat it with different techniques to make it go away, if possible. She did not undergo plastic surgery. It is just amazing what makeup can do when a performer is on stage.

In April 2018, Underwood said her wrist was about 90 percent healed, and that her face was healing nicely. The other 10 percent of healing would come in time, according to her doctor.

Underwood said that her mother would ask about what everyone was saying about the injury, but Underwood simply said, “Mama, I don’t care. I’m just trying to raise my son and live my life.”