• Staff

Toxic Fumes Kill Woman at Tallahassee Craft Store


On December 1, 2016, in Tallahassee, 48-year-old Ada Skvereckas suffered from chemical exposure and died at a local hospital. Reporters stated that the woman died after toxic fumes filled a craft store in Tallahassee on Thursday afternoon. Skvereckas wasn't the only person in the store that was exposed to this toxic; there were 4 others. Two were treated on the scene when the ambulance got there, and two others remained hospitalized in stable condition.

Officials said the incident happened around 2:30 p.m. at the Flying Unicorn craft store on Capital Circle SE, just north of Apalachee Parkway. Also, they said the hazmat team found a hydrogen sulfate-type cleaner in a spray bottle, and Hydrogen sulfate is extremely corrosive. One of the Tallahassee Fire Department men said that "just from being on the scene he could pick some of the odor several hundred feet away from the actual business itself".

This information was sited from www.wctv.tv

24 views