9 Ways to Get Naturally Shiny and Healthy Hair
You want shiny and healthy hair right? Don’t we all? Here are 10 ways to get shiny and healthy hair.
1. Eggs- Eggs are a great source of protein, fatty acids, and lecithin; eggs help repair damage and dull hair by adding shine and moisture. Eggs also help hair strands become strong and thick
You can follow either of these instructions to get the shiny hair you want.
Mix one egg white and one tablespoon each of olive oil and honey until you get a smooth paste. Apply this paste on damp hair and scalp. Cover your head with a shower cap for about 30 minutes. Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo and cool water.
Beat two eggs until you get a foamy texture. Mix in two tablespoons of almond oil and one-half cup of yogurt. Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp. Cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes and then shampoo your hair with cool water.
*Never rinse your hair with hot water after using an egg mask. Hot water will clot the egg and it will be very difficult to wash it out of your hair.*
2. Coconut Oil- To get shiny hair, it is important to provide nourishment by applying oil to your hair regularly. Coconut oil (organic and unrefined) is one of the best options. It helps restore moisture to dry and damaged hair, in turn making it shiny and healthy.
Follow these instructions for soft hair.
Apply warm coconut oil on your hair, from the root to the ends. Massage for a few minutes and then wrap your hair in a shower cap or towel for at least 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with water, then shampoo and condition like normal.
Another option is to add a few curry leaves to two tablespoons of coconut oil. Heat it until warm. When cool, massage the oil gently onto the scalp and hair. Cover with a warm towel for 30 minutes and then wash with a mild shampoo.
3. Mayonnaise- Mayonnaise has amino acids, protein and antioxidants that will make your hair strong, soft, healthy and shiny.
Follow these instructions for strong, soft, and healthy hair.
Use one-half to one cup of full-fat mayonnaise, as needed for your hair length.
Apply it on freshly washed, damp hair.
Cover your hair with a shower cap for at least 30 minutes.
Thoroughly wash your hair using cold water and a mild shampoo.
Repeat this remedy on a weekly basis to enjoy hydrated and shiny hair.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar- ACV is a hair conditioner that makes hair soft, shiny, and moisturized.
Use either of these directions to get soft and shiny hair.
Mix together equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water. After shampooing, pour the mixture into your hair and massage it onto your scalp. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly with cold water.
Alternatively, mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and the juice of one lemon in one cup of water. Use this mixture as a final hair rinse after shampooing.
5. Avocado- Avocado contains nutrients that will get deep down into your hair strands and condition and moisturize them. Avocado also helps dry, damaged hair.
You can use these treatments for the best results.
Mix one mashed ripe avocado with two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Apply this mixture on damp hair, from the roots to the ends. Cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Finally, rinse and shampoo your hair as usual.
You can also mash one ripe avocado and one ripe banana together. Mix in one-half tablespoon of almond oil. Massage this paste onto your scalp and spread it all over your hair. Cover your head with a shower cap for 30 minutes or more. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and then shampoo your hair.
6. Honey- Honey is very effective for gaining and maintaining shiny hair.
These treatments will help with it.
Mix two tablespoons of honey in two cups of warm water. Put the mixture in a spray bottle. After shampooing, spray this solution on your hair. Slowly massage it onto your scalp for five minutes and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse it out with warm water. Use this treatment once a week.
You can even mix some honey with your regular hair conditioner once or twice a week.
7. Aloe- Aloe is great for healthy hair. It can also be used for dandruff and combat frizz.
These home remedies will help,
Prepare a paste with four tablespoons of aloe vera gel, two tablespoons of coconut oil and three tablespoons of yogurt. Apply this paste on damp hair and leave it on for about 30 minutes. Rinse it out with lukewarm water.
Alternatively, grind a few hibiscus flowers to make a thick paste. Mix in one-half cup of aloe vera gel and one teaspoon of olive oil. Apply the mixture on your hair and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes. Wash your hair as usual.
8. Yogurt- you can use yogurt as a deep conditioner and helps make your hair soft and silky. Yogurt also has natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties due to its high lactic acid content that helps to keep your scalp clean and free from infections.
Use this treatment,
Brush out your hair well with a wide-tooth comb.
Spread some plain yogurt all over your hair.
Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes.
Rinse it out with lukewarm water and then shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
Use this hair treatment once a week.
9. Gelatin- Gelatin can also make your hair smooth, soft and shiny. It has hydrolyzed protein that helps treat damaged hair. Plus, it adds silky smoothness to your hair and makes it extra shiny.
You can use this treatment,
Stir one tablespoon of gelatin in one cup of warm water until it dissolves completely.
Mix in one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a few drops of lavender essential oil.
Apply the mixture on your hair and scalp.
Leave it on for 10 minutes.
Rinse it out with lukewarm water.
Follow this remedy once a week.