Chicken and Pasta Casserole with Mixed Vegetables
This is a Great recipe for the cold weather, and warm tummies! Super easy to make, and only takes about an hour or so.
You will need:
1 cup dry fusilli past
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 chicken tenderloins, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted
**Prep Time - 15M, **Cook Time - 45M, **Ready In - 45M,
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place fusilli pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until done, than drain.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet, and season with minced onion, salt and pepper, garlic powder, basil, and parsley. Cook until chicken juices run clear. Mix in the cooked pasta, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, and mixed vegetables. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
4. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and butter. Spread evenly over the casserole.
5. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven until bubbly and lightly browned.
A loaf of 2 or 3 day old beer bread, is great for the breadcrumbs in this recipe because it's crumbly anyway, and its sweet flavor is even better when it's buttery and crispy!
(Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make cleanup easier.)
(Another great tip is to use French's french fried onions, for a crunchy delicious add on!)
[ Recipe was taken from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/69193/chicken-and-pasta-casserole-with-mixed-vegetables/ ]
Servings Per Recipe: 6 Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 178
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 19.8
Saturated Fat: 5.9
Total Carbohydrates: 35.4
** Sugars: 2.8
Dietary Fiber: 3.7
Vitamin A - IU: 3093
Vitamin C: 7
** Thiamin: < 1
Niacin Equivalents: 12
Vitamin B6: < 1